If you have been a victim of a cyber thief or are currently experiencing an attack on your company or person, Senvira can offer you immediate assistance to mitigate and prevent further damage. Our experts will review the current attack while providing you an immediate strategy to reduce the impact the attack is having on your company, organization or personal life.
It is very important to understand that once a cyber thief or hacker has penetrated your network that their end strategy can be far reaching. If the hunting ground is fertile and there is little resistance to their illegal actions they in all likelihood will continue to do everything in their arsenal to extract as much profit as possible from you.
The vast majority of cyber attacks originate from Eastern Europe with a secondary hot bed being the Pacific rim region. These thieves conduct their activities with little fear of being caught as the legal mechanisms between law enforcement groups is near non-existant except in the case of large scale, multiple operations in which case Interpol may become involved.
NOTE: Do not falsely assume the attack is over and the damage has been done.
Many modern cyber attacks are multi-pronged and can include the following…
- Identity Theft
- Credit Applications in Your Name
- Bank Withdrawals across Multiple Channels
- Unauthorized Purchases with Credit Cards, Paypal etc.
- Encrypting Your Files for Ransom ( Ransomware )
- Blackmail and Extortion
- Reputation Attacks and Damage
- Mobile Phone Charges and Purchases
- Use of your personal details to attack others in your social / business network.
It is very important in moving forward that you stop and take a full assessment of the risks that you potentially are still facing to prevent further damage.
Cyber Attack Investigation
Unfortunately most individuals and organizations are not equipped to investigate a cyber attack as the elements of the event are often highly technical in nature and difficult to determine point of origin and current status of the attacking individual or organization.
Our team of security experts can conduct an immediate investigation to determine how the perpetrator gained access, where they are located – as well as how and what damage has been done. We will conduct an immediate forensic audit on your situation and use this information to create a strategic defense plan for you that can be put in place immediately.
Please contact us 24.7 at 780-628-6892 | Toll Free 800-710-3482.
DO NOT EMAIL SENVIRA if you suspect your email accounts may have been breached as it is vital that you do not tip off any cyber thief that you are seeking professional help to stop the attack. Your best strategy is to call us immediately or use our contact form located here.
Immediate Action Steps
If you are currently under attack or have just been attacked, immediately take the following steps to reduce further damage.
- Notify all financial institutions of your situation if the attack has penetrated your banking information.
- Contact your credit card company immediately and inform them of the attack.
- Move all funds out of your current bank accounts into a safe account or withdraw them in their entirety until the threat has subsided.
- Cease using all current email accounts immediately.
- Make backups of all your files on your computer/s and networks.
- Make a hard copy of all of your files and put them on a physical device such as a mobile hard drive or usb stick.
- Do not assume your files are safe if they are stored in the cloud with a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Run a full scan of all of your computers for any viruses or malware.
- Change all passwords to every electronic account you have with a brand new password that has never been used.
- Do not assume the attack is isolated to only you – your associates, partners, spouse, children, vendors etc could all be at risk and an action plan should be put in place.
- Pull an immediate credit report on yourself and monitor it weekly for any changes or applications for credit.
- Notify your hosting and domain registration company of the attack if applicable.
- Do not assume the attack is over and the damage / loss has stopped.